- > Earth Science >
- Geology, Quiz 2
15 more questions about geology :
The quiz above includes the following questions:
- 1. In which geological epoch are we currently living?
- 2. Which of the following processes can turn an igneous rock into a sedimentary rock?
- 3. An igneous rock become a metamorphic rock through ...
- 4. What is the process of becoming solid rock through compaction and the expulsion of fluids called?
- 5. A stone-like substance that is solid, inorganic, and representable by a chemical formula is known as a ...
- 6. A gem is a type of ...
- 7. Which geological principle states that slow geological processes have occurred throughout the Earth's history and are still occurring today?
- 8. The Earth's crust and the uppermost mantle is referred to as the ...
- 9. How many major tectonic plate are there?
- 10. Which type of rock is oil shale?
- 11. Which type of rock is pumice?
- 12. Which type of rock is slate?
- 13. Prior to the use of radiometric dating, how did geologists estimate age?
- 14. The asthenosphere lies ...
- 15. What term is used for the boundary where two tectonic plates slide past each other along faults?